Friday, July 6, 2012

.........................

Good Friday everyone. I am in a blogging mood so I'm just going to share a few things from my week.

 Number One. It rained here a couple times this week. While I am concerned about the lightning starting more fires, I was SO happy about it. For once I could breathe in fresh delicious air instead of smoke. The cool breezes were such a nice change from the hot arid ones. Seeing, hearing and smelling the rain was wonderful. This day may look gloomy to you, but to me it's beautiful.

This is a self-portrait I took while out watching the rain. 
 I have been promising Jordon I would make him cookies for about a month now. And I finally did it. His favorite: chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. They were delicious! 

I have been struck with a frugal housewife attitude. Is that normal? For me getting excited about housekeeping isn't really normal. But I am planning on making my own laundry soap and I'm excited about it. Above are two buckets of dirty, soapy laundry sitting in my bathtub. For things like underwear or dishrags that don't take up a whole load I hand wash. Partly because I think it's wasteful not to, and partly because we don't have our own washing and drying machines. There are a couple downstairs, provided by our landlord. But it costs $1.50 to wash and dry them, and as long as I'm not too busy it's not hard to stir them around in a bucket with a plastic spoon to save some change and electricity.

Now they've probably soaked enough so I should probably put them through a good rinsing!

No comments: