Saturday, July 28, 2012

Jordon's Birthday

Jordon's birthday is July 20th. He turned 20 this year. Aww, now we're the same age! 
It also happens to be my sister's birthday. She turned 12.
It has kind of become a tradition that I make Jordon a cheesecake on his birthday. And of course this birthday could be no different. This year, because I live with him, I asked him for details of how I should make it. He decided on a plain cheesecake with oreo crust and chocolate and caramel toppings. 
I used this recipe for the cheesecake. For the crust I used about 26 crushed Oreos (except I used the cheaper nameless brand), and maybe 3 TBS of butter.

I didn't have a spring-form pan to use this year, so I had to use two smaller pans. This way it didn't cook quite as nicely, and it wasn't lovely and thick as it usually is. But I think they turned out pretty enough. And they were delicious! I had to be careful not to practically eat the whole thing myself. 
The last piece is sitting in the fridge calling my name. Of course I can't eat the last slice of HIS birthday cheesecake.



For his birthday gift we ordered him a little Mound Juniper Bonsai. They're expensive little things, but it came looking as cool as we could hope. Now we had better be able to keep it alive!



My gift for Chey was a mini teddy bear that I bought at the shop with my employee discount. :D
I tied curly ribbon around his neck to look festive. Here he is in my purse, waiting for my shift to be over and be taken home.  
I put him in a green bag and stuck on a pretty piece of a homemade card someone gave us for our wedding. And of course I tied a ribbon to the handle. I love pretty gift packaging. However when I gave it to Chey she had it out before I even realized she had been opening. What the heck? You are supposed to ask if you are supposed to open it now or on your birthday. She did not appreciate the pretty bag at all. Still so much to learn, that one. 
But i'm sure she liked the bear. And I crocheted her a cover for her Kindle a while back that I count as part of her birthday present.

No comments: