Friday, September 27, 2013

Baby Blanket

     I am not very good at sewing. And not very good at having the patience to finish projects. But I decided I had to make at least one thing for my baby. So I made a baby quilt. :) And even though it's a little imperfect (I can't sew straight), I am pretty fond of it.

     I used this tutorial. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make my own. I made my blanket 40 inches square. I used this cute fox and owl fabric that Jordon helped pick out. Even though I don't have a nursery right now I have picked out a forest theme, and the blanket matches that perfectly.

     The only thing I would have done differently: When cutting the channels of flannel I would have left the bottom flannel un-cut. There are places where the top (fox) fabric peeks through the frayed lines, and I think that's kind of strange. Plus it would have been cuter to have the yellow color peeking out from under the other two layers. So what I am saying is I will have to make another blanket sometime. :D

     I think I am going to use the scrap flannel to make some bibs. I only have 8 weeks left so I am glad I got this done. I am feeling like I need to have everything ready now!










2 comments:

Sondra said...

You're SO wonderful and beautiful! =) I love you! I love his blankie!

The Palmer Gang said...

What a cute idea Tiffany! I think I will attempt something like this for Allison's baby! Thanks for sharing the tutorial as well. I don't sew very straight either, but I might be able to if the lines are drawn on the fabric! Anyway, it looks very soft and snuggly :)
PS. Thinking of you today with hubby leaving :( hang in there!