Friday, September 6, 2013

Baby Update / 25 Day Countdown

Well it's been over a month so I suppose it's time for an update. :) There's really not much to tell in my life other than boring pregnancy stuff! I guess I'll start with that.

Baby Update:
I am 28 weeks and 5 days. We had an extra ultrasound this morning to check up on renal dilation spotted in the last one. What that means is that the tube connecting one of the kidneys to the bladder was too large. It was only 4mm, and the doctor said they don't worry about it unless it's a centimeter or more, and even then the very worst case scenario is that there could be a stricture. A stint would have to be put in before birth so that enough fluid could pass through to help the organs develop properly. In most cases it goes away before birth and means nothing, and if it's still relatively small at birth they just do an ultrasound on the baby after birth.

Well they didn't get the results to the doctor in time for him to confirm it. But the ultrasound tech said they didn't look dilated to her, and that the kidneys both looked normal. So that's a relief. :D Basically we just got another peek at him for free!
 I was on my back too long and got dizzy and nauseous. She had to have me sit up and got me some apple juice and a doughnut. 25 minutes later in the doctors office my blood pressure was low (never has been before), but he said it was normal. My blood vessels aren't meant to have a full uterus sitting on them. I felt like crap for a few hours, but it was worth it.

Here's a pick we got of his face. He's looking more baby and less skeletal. It was hard to get because he's facing backwards, and likes to hide behind his hands. Measuring good and weighing 2LBS 14OZ.

28wk5d - Face with eye, round cheek, pointed chin


I have to go in every two weeks now. Which is kind of lame. But I am glad just because I want to get to know my doctor better, and have more chances to talk with him, which is something I haven't done a lot yet.


Army Update: 
Jordon will be leaving for basic training in 25 days. We are both getting nervous and excited! I will miss him immensely of course. I don't know what I am going to do with myself for a while. But it's a good thing and we are glad it's finally almost here.

General Update:
Work has been super boring to me lately and I am sick of it. However I am sure it will be good for me after Jordon leaves. Otherwise I would go crazy with nothing to do while missing him AND waiting for my baby. We have put up Fall stuff in the window, and are getting in some more orangey colored flowers now, which makes me happy. I am so excited for Fall! It's my favorite season, and makes baby's coming seem so much closer as well. It fills me with happy thoughts. Even though I am always tired, achy, hungry, forgetful, restless and kind of moody. Still optimistic!



No comments: