Sunday, March 16, 2014

How I Spend My Days These Days

Just an update of what I have been up to these days. Obviously hanging out with my itty bitty boy. He had a pretty awful rash on his face and head that we couldn't get rid of. Then we determined it was ringworm and started putting anti-fungal cream on it. Now it's mostly gone.
Even with the rash he is pretty photogenic.




In spare moments, instead of doing dishes or laundry like I should, I have been reading Lorna Doone, and learning to knit. :) I used to think Lorna Doone was just a cookie. A buttery, wonderful cookie that I used to call Adoone cookies, and ask my mother to make. But I found the book at a thrift store, and have been enjoying the story, even if it is a bit long! 

As for knitting, I have  always wanted to learn it. I can crochet very basic stuff, but I think so far knitting is more fun, and I want to try and get really good at it. I joined ravelry.com and I am addicted to looking up patterns that I would someday like to make. It's good motivation to keep practicing. But it is slow going, because babies don't give many spare moments, and you have to use them wisely.

However it is easy to nurse or cuddle a sleeping baby while I watch Netlix and America's Next Top Model, play my Nintendo DS, or Amazon shop for things I can't afford. Speaking of which . . . 

I did something ridiculous and bought a stupidily expensive baby teether. I did get it on sale. But it was still three times the price of a normal teether. It's made in France of all natural rubber, and it squeaks just like a dog  toy and drives Chani crazy. It's from the makers of Sophie the Giraffe. Most moms of little ones have heard of her. I always thought she looked stupid, and hated how popular she was. But I saw this and thought it was cute. It's called Chan Pie Gnon, which is "almost" French for mushroom. But I think his head looks like a boob. Tehe! Sorry. 
So far Tristan is too young to care for it, but hopefully later on he will like it. 


The booby headed mushroom guy is way cuter. He has friends too. A green one and a pink one. But they have less comical head shapes.

I'm going to go talk my husband into watching a chick-flick with me. Wish me luck! 



No comments: