Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Happy Black Friday everyone! And I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. We don't do Black Friday shopping for the most part. If I had any money to spare this month I would consider looking for some online deals. But I'm just going to save it for Christmas and after-Christmas shopping.

Thanksgiving week at the shop was pretty slow. Which is too bad because I was having fun making festive arrangements like the one below. I do pretty well will round-ish shaped compositions. We also got in our Christmas greens and the cooler smells delightful!


 For Thanksgiving we went to Jordon's grandparents house. It's close by so we didn't have to do any traveling. Our sister-in-law Katie is pregnant and two days past due. They obviously couldn't be traveling this year, and we decided we want to be here on the years that they are. :) We are all anxiously waiting on baby nephew to arrive!

I determined a while back that I was going to try and make pie this year, including a homemade crust. My mom gave me the recipe she always uses, along with some tips to help me. I must say it was not as hard as I was expecting and turned out delicious. I made this peach pie from home-canned peaches to bring to the family gathering. In a day or two I will be making pumpkin. Both mine and Jordon's favorite. But for now I am enjoying these leftovers and am quite proud of my cute little pie.


1 comment:

Sondra said...

I'm proud of your pie! It looks perfect!

Love, Mom