Thursday, July 11, 2013

Old Fashioned Peach Cake!

Good Thursday everyone. Today is my day off and I enjoyed a lovely morning of sleeping in. :) Which was extremely fantastic because sleep has been rough the first part of this week. 

I just wanted to share the highlight of my day. I made this lovely peach cake! It is a cake not a pie. I just couldn't find a cake pan. I made it using this recipe.  And it turned out great! I love cooking with peaches. And I proudly showed it to Jordon and enthused about how beautiful it turned out. 
Unfortunately I didn't realize how low my camera battery was and it died as I turned it on. So I used my webcam to take these little photos. Be sure that they don't do it justice!It was pretty tasty too, in my opinion. I did make a little change. I didn't put any of her "topping mix" in the batter, and just spread it on top of the cake. I added a little nutmeg and lemon to the batter to make up for it. And I didn't have a lemon to zest so I used a couple drops of lemon juice. I sprinkled the top with a little brown sugar as well. 



I don't take the time to bake very often, but I should because it makes me glad. :)

No comments: